PPRO Financial Ltd (PPRO) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your personal information. For this reason, we respect the governing data protection laws and principles and would like to inform you about how your personal information is collected and used.
By "your personal information" we mean any information about you, which you or third parties provide to us that can identify your person. This includes, for instance, your name, address, phone number and e-mail address as well as any further data required for the processing of business transactions.
The PPRO Financial Ltd Privacy Principles, set out below, explain how your personal information will be treated by PPRO Financial Ltd.
PPRO Financial Ltd's Privacy Principles
- We will only collect and use your personal information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you about how we will collect and use your personal information.
- If we have collected your personal information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission has been obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your personal information and will ensure that your personal information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your personal information regardless of where it is held.
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and we will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
How we collect information
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing relevant forms on various pages of the website. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form, contract or enquiry. Our employees will treat your personal information confidentially and process and/or store it only in connection with its intended purpose.
We may also collect your personal information when you send us an e-mail. Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
We use a third party provider, The Rocket Science Group LLC, to deliver our e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see The Rocket Science Group LLC’s privacy notice, available at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
We use a third party provider, Multi-Connect GmbH to manage our Customer Service telephone interactions.
When you call the VIABUY Call Centre we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information, as well as some information about yourself for security, identification and verification purposes. We use this information to help you with your queries and to help improve Our service’s efficiency and effectiveness.
We may also monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly, to resolve queries or issues, for regulatory purposes, to help improve our quality of service, and to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes. Conversations may also be monitored and/or recorded for staff training purposes.
We use a third party provider, Falcon.io ApS to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Falcon.io ApS for three years.
We operate pages and accounts on some social media websites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about PPRO Financial Ltd and/or VIABUY so that we can improve our products and services.
PPRO is not responsible for any information posted on those websites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media websites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users.
When you engage with PPRO via social media your personal information may be stored on that social media website's servers, which are outside the control of PPRO and may be in the US or elsewhere outside the EEA. Any information posted on the publicly accessible areas of such websites may be read by the general public and are not an appropriate forum to discuss customers' financial arrangements.
PPRO regularly updates and monitors our social media accounts and welcomes feedback and ideas submitted via these channels. PPRO endeavours to join the conversation whenever possible, however cannot guarantee to read or reply to all messages sent to official PPRO social media accounts.
PPRO operates social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
If any of the PPRO pages on the social media websites mentioned above follow another user this does not imply endorsement of any kind.
If you want more information in terms of purpose and scope of the collection of your personal information, further processing and use of information by any of these social media websites as well as your rights and setting options regarding the protection of your privacy in this context, please check the social media website’s data protection information under the following links:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Google+: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy
How Information about you will be used
If you register to use our services we will ask you to provide some information about yourself for security, identification and verification purposes. This information is required under law before you may be allowed to use the services we offer. Where you provide information about others (e.g. if you are "recommending a friend") you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
We will retain information collected about you for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes and in accordance with our data retention policy.
Your personal data (including sensitive personal data) may be shared with other financial institutions, credit reference agencies, trade bodies, anti-fraud organisations and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of credit decisions, pursuing debtors, identifying and preventing fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crimes.
We would like to send you relevant information and updates about our own products and services, via post, telephone, email, social media or SMS. You may tell us at any time if you do not want to receive communications from us by writing to us by e-mail or post requesting to be removed from our mailing list by providing your full name, address or email and account details.
We may also use your personal information internally for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services.
We may share your personal information collected online with people who provide a service to us (such as customer services) or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential.
If we share your personal information with an agent or service provider located in a country outside the EEA, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your personal information and to use your personal information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
If you are a customer of ours and wish to change or verify any information you have supplied to us, please contact customer service.
We keep our Privacy Principles under regular review and may update this page from time to time. If you have any questions about Privacy at PPRO Financial Ltd please contact the PPRO Financial Ltd Team at:
PPRO Financial Ltd Head Office
20 Balderton Street
London W1K 6TL
What are cookies?
Cookies are harmless text files that web servers can store on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. They allow the server to recognise you when you revisit. There are two main types:
- Transient (or per-session) cookies - these only exist for your site visit and are deleted on exit. They recognise you as you move between pages, for example, recording items added to an online shopping basket. These cookies also help maintain security.
- Persistent (or permanent) cookies - these stay on your machine until expiry or deletion. Many are built with automatic deletion dates to help ensure your hard drive does not get overloaded. These cookies often store and re-enter your log-in information, so you don’t need to remember membership details.
We use both types of cookies.
Additionally, cookies can be first or third party cookies. First party cookies are owned and created by the website you are viewing. Third party cookies are owned and created by an independent company, usually a company providing a service to the website owners.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites;
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites;
- Store login details for our secure sites;
- Temporarily store details input into our calculators, tools, illustrations and demonstrations;
- Store details of your marketing, product and business unit preferences to improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites and partner sites;
- Evaluate our sites advertising and promotional effectiveness (we own the anonymous data collected, which is not shared with anyone);
We use both our own (first party) and partner companies’ (third party) cookies to support these activities.
Services requiring enabled cookies
Some of our services, require cookies in your browser to view and use them and to protect your financial and personal information.
Changing your cookie settings
To enable or disable cookies, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" facility). Alternatively, an external resource is available at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences.
Please note that should you choose to set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of this website, for example any online accounts you may hold.
Secure online services
By "our/we/us/ours" we mean PPRO Financial Ltd and its wholly and partly owned subsidiaries and any company in which it has an interest by way of shareholding or any company in a group of companies to which it may belong (‘our group’). By "our websites" we mean any internet website operated by PPRO Financial Ltd and any company in our group.
With regards to the new requirements on Cookies following the revision of the e-Privacy Directive, PPRO Financial Ltd is working towards implementing the new requirements in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office.
PPRO Financial Ltd is not responsible for the accuracy or content of web sites of other providers which may have links from this website. In creating hypertext links to any other web site, PPRO Financial Ltd is not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing.