PPRO Financial Ltd’s privacy principles
PPRO Financial Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By "your information" we mean any information about you, which you or third parties provide to us. The PPRO Financial Ltd Privacy Principles, set out below, explain how your information will be treated by PPRO Financial Ltd.
PPRO Financial Ltd‘s Privacy Principles
- We will only collect & use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information.
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained.
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information.
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles.
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries.
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing relevant forms on various pages of the site. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used.
How Information about you will be used
If you register to use our services we will ask you to provide some information about yourself for security, identification and verification purposes. This information is required under law before you may be allowed to use the services we offer. Where you provide information about others (eg. for joint accounts or if you are "recommending a friend") you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
We would like to send you Information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties, via post, telephone, email, internet, social media or SMS. You may tell us at any time if you don't want to receive marketing communications from us and/or other members of the PPRO Group by writing to us providing your full name, address and account details.
We would also like to share your information with other companies so that they may send you information about their products and services, by post or email. If you do not agree to your information being shared in this way, please tick the box:
We may also use your information for research and statistical analysis with the aim of improving our services.
We may pass your information collected online to people who provide a service to us (such as customer care) or are acting as our agents, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential.
If we transfer your information to an agent or service provider located in another country, we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions.
If you are a customer of ours and wish to change or verify any information you have supplied to us, please contact customer services.
If you are a PPRO Financial Ltd customer or already have a relationship with us you will have been advised by various methods as to how we collect and use your information.
We keep our Privacy Principles under regular review and may update this page from time to time. If you have any questions about Privacy at PPRO Financial Ltd please contact the PPRO Financial Ltd Team at:
PPRO Financial Ltd Head Office
20 Balderton Street
London W1K 6TL
What are cookies?
Cookies are harmless text files that web servers can store on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a site. They allow the server to recognise you when you revisit. There are two main types:
- Transient (or per-session) cookies - these only exist for your site visit and are deleted on exit. They recognise you as you move between pages, for example, recording items added to an online shopping basket. These cookies also help maintain security.
- Persistent (or permanent) cookies - these stay on your machine until expiry or deletion. Many are built with automatic deletion dates to help ensure your hard drive doesn’t get overloaded. These cookies often store and re-enter your log-in information, so you don’t need to remember membership details.
We use both types of cookie.
Additionally, cookies can be first or third party cookies. First party cookies are owned & created by the website you’re viewing. Third party cookies are owned & created by an independent company, usually a company providing a service to the website owners.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites
- Ensure your privacy in our secure sites
- Store login details for our secure sites
- Temporarily store details input into our calculators, tools, illustrations and demonstrations
- Store details of your marketing, product and business unit preferences to improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites and partner sites
- Evaluate our sites advertising and promotional effectiveness (we own the anonymous data collected, which is not shared with anyone)
We use both our own (first party) and partner companies’ (third party) cookies to support these activities.
Services requiring enabled cookies
Some of our services, require cookies in your browser to view and use them and to protect your financial and personal information.
Changing your cookie settings
To enable or disable cookies, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" facility). Alternatively, an external resource is available at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies providing specific information about cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences.
Please note that should you choose to set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of this website, for example any online accounts you may hold.
Secure online services
By "our/we/us/ours" we mean PPRO Financial Ltd and its wholly and partly owned subsidiaries and any company in which it has an interest by way of shareholding or any company in a group of companies to which it may belong (‘our group’). By "our sites" we mean any internet website operated by PPRO Financial Ltd and any company in our group.
With regards to the new requirements on Cookies following the revision of the e-Privacy Directive, PPRO Financial Ltd is working towards implementing the new requirements in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office.
PPRO Financial Ltd is not responsible for the accuracy or content of web sites of other providers which may have links from this website. In creating hypertext links to any other web site, PPRO Financial Ltd is not recommending that website or giving any assurances as to its standing.